Please visit my updated website www.BirthBeforeandAfter.com for current services and information.
Best suited for pre-pregnancy to 30 weeks*
- The healing path: how to find your way.
- Reading your cesarean records
- Common reasons for cesareans
- Emergency vs elective cesareans
- Selecting your team
- Gaining knowledge
- Informed decision-making
- VBAC facts
- Repeat cesarean facts
- Birth Plans
- Common fears
Optional addition for an extra 1.5 hours
- Labor basics
- Hands on coping strategies
- Additional information
*While this class is BEST suited for those students up to 30 weeks, many students still benefit from the class up to your due date.
Private classes in the comfort of your own home!
Class fees: $100-$125 (depending on your location) for classes at your home.
To register for a class either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call DoulaDeb at 815-867-0087
Not your Mama's Childbirth Classes
Want to learn what childbirth education class is best suited for you? Didn't have time/cash for a complete childbirth education series? Thought about it too late and can't get in a class now? Or did you take a hospital based class and want more information? This is a fun/interactive new class.
Not anything like your Mama's childbirth classes!!
Not Your Mama's Childbirth Early Pregnancy Class
This class is designed for those in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. We will cover TV myth vs real labor, options in childbirth education series, common discomforts in pregnancy and how to handle them, nutrition and exercise during pregnancy, stages of labor, writing an effective birth plan and the proper way to use birth plans, the pros and cons of interventions and more!
$50 at my location in Melrose Park, IL
Interested in hosting a session in your home? Email DoulaDeb for pricing and information.
Not Your Mama's Childbirth Class Advanced
You do not need to have taken the basic class to take the advanced class. Learn how to help your baby get in the best possible position for labor and birth, breath work and relaxation, basic massage techniques, positions to speed labor, back labor information, comfort measures for labor
This is a custom class to fit your personal birthing needs.
$100-$150 for private in home class depending on your location.
Have friends that may be interested in taking the class as a group? I offer special discounted rates for groups!
Rock your Postpartum
This unique class/planning session is all about the new mom. In a culture that spends months planning for the new baby, we tend to forget the new mom!
Read tips for postpartum planning
- How traditional cultures viewed the postpartum period and how we can make it work in modern times.
- How to use natural methods for boosting energy, fighting fatigue, and battling the baby blues.
- How to set up your own personalized postpartum plan.
- How to support your partner in her postpartum.
- Warning signs of postpartum depression
- Mother Roasting ideas
- And more!
At a private session we will completely develop your personal postpartum plan and get the systems in place to implement it after your birth.
Private home sessions $100-$150 depending on location.
Classes at my location $75 (in Melrose Park, IL)
- Guided relaxation and birth imagery
- Learning the hows and whys for helping your baby get properly aligned for an easier/faster birth.
- Warm up and stretching
- Simple yoga poses for various pregnancy aches and pains.
- Moves inspired by Bellydance and other dance styles
- Learning to tell your baby's position in the womb.
- Techniques for using a birth ball both prior to and during labor.
- Birth circle closing ceremony.
I am happy to speak on VBAC and placenta encapsulation at many types of events such as childbirth classes, wellness events, baby expos, etc. Please contact me for details.