My job is to assist laboring women, not to judge them!
I am happy to work with women in both hospital and home birth settings. I truly believe in a womens' right to choose the birth they want. My focus and passion is helping women experience homebirth and VBAC. I also work with mothers that are having a planned cesarean.
I live in Schiller Park, IL . I teach a variety of classes at various locations throughout Chicagoland. I will also offer classes and other services in the Old Irving Park neighborhood in Chicago and in the suburbs in Bensenville.
Please feel free to contact me for more information on any of my services or to conduct a no obligation meeting to determine if I am a good fit for you personally.
Professional Credentials :
- CAPPA doula training December 2008
- Dancing for Birth training workshop in St. Louis, MO in May of 2009
- placenta encapsulation training with Placenta Benefits November 2009
- BirthWorks Childbirth Educator training in June 2010
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certification 2010
- BrioBirth (now Informed Beginnings) Childbirth Education training in March 2011
- ToLabor doula training April 2011
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselor training April 2012
- hosted the Chicago Birth Arts International doula training June 2012
- Currently enrolled in Heart of Herbs herbalist training
- Organizer of Chicago Doula Business Meetings 2012
- Placenta Encapsulation Trainings 2013
I also work closely with ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network) and especially love working with women to experience a VBAC.
At this time, I am taking only 2 clients a month. Visit www.DoulaMatch.net or contact me for my exact availability. I also work with other doulas to provide backup in the RARE instance, I am unavailable for your birth.
For more information:
Or reach me by:
email me at DoulaDebP@gmail.com
Call me at 815-867-0087
I'm always available via email and usually can respond in a few hours.
I'm always available to my clients via phone, but if I'm at a birth or busy, I may not return prospective client's calls for a day or so. You may hear back from me sooner via email.